I don’t know about you guys, but I was pretty excited about the Britney documentary, Britney: For the Record, on MTV last night. It’s not that I expected any revolutionary information to come out of it, but it was nice to hear “her” take on the whole Britney’s-a-crazy-b!tch situation of 2008. I was going to live blog it but I stupidly left my laptop charger at my mom’s house. Instead, I snuggled up to a bowl of hot and sour soup after partaking of a bowl of a different variety and wrote my thoughts down on a napkin. Here are my napkin notes on the “film”:
- Very interesting to see Papa Spears in action. He’s sort of been the silent party in her whole career. I like his style. He’s obviously over the whole “my daughter is a star” thing and more into the whole “my crazy daughter isn’t acting that crazy anymore” thing.
- Reason #257 that I love Britney Spears: Velveeta Cheese
- Reason # 258 that I love Britney Spears: Grits (I too have grits and processed cheese product in my fridge!)
- I love Andre! Where has she been hiding him? He’s all sorts of fantastic. Why didn’t she hang out with him when she went crazy?
- That dude from The Heights that she had dinner with is all sorts of fine. It was kinda sad that she had to ask permission from her handler to ask him out.
- Did anyone notice that Britney’s dance stand-in is a gay Asian male?
- Eww! Madonna! What the F happened to her face? I knew she had work done but I’ve only ever seen it in pictures. It’s a whole different experience on a large screen HDTV. She looks like a dinosaur.
- Why am I so tired? Oh, wait, it’s cause Madonna is still talking. Oh! Now, I’ve officially tuned out.
Yeah, so those were my first thoughts. Overall, the “film” was no Schindler’s List, but it was really nice to see some semblance of the old, pre-crazy Britney. It’s also good to see that the people around her seem to really love her and care about her well being. Viva la comeback…oh wait, didn’t she say she didn’t like that term?
What did you guys think?